I have two food loves in this word. One is any dip made with cream cheese and the other is tasty and delicious soups. My kids have learned that I make and try many different dips and am willing to make dip at a moments notice.
The same goes for soup. Living out in the country, we have many small Mom and Pop restaurants that make their own food. One in particular, makes a daily soup that is out of this world! You have to get there early or you will miss out on the soup! Her soup sells out daily.
This soup was one of her daily soups. This is not her recipe as she is very secretive with her recipes with good reason. This is my version of the soup I had that day.
This soup reminds me of Broccoli and Cheese Soup with just the cauliflower instead of the broccoli. I chose to use white cheddar cheese as it is one of my favorite cheese next to Smoke Gouda for a soup.
The end result was creamy and cheesy and delicious. I serve with some slices of French Bread. Yummy!
White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- 1 small Cauliflower broken into bite size pieces
- 1 small Yellow Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 12 ozs White Cheddar Cheese sliced or shredded
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Add the vegetable stock, garlic, onion and cauliflower to a 5 qt or 6 qt stock pot. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the white cheddar cheese and the heavy whipping cream.
- Continue to heat on low until the cheese is melted.
- Serve .