White Yeast Bread
I love making my own bread. I serve it as a side to dinner or warm for breakfast with some jam or honey. My kids love it and the bread normally does not last very long.
This is an easy recipe to make. Make sure to allow the dough to rise for about 30 minutes and to twice it’s size.
I make this often and you’ll find that as you make this part of your routine, that it becomes so easy to make and you’ll prefer this to store bought bread. This makes a great loaf bread so you can make your normal sandwiches or toast with the bread. Store in an airtight container or wrapped. You’ll want to keep it from being in humidity when storing for more then a few days.
If you want more of a “golden” outside to the bread, brush a beaten egg over the top of the dough prior to cooking.
I used an 8×4 inch loaf pan, if you don’t have one that size an 8.5×5 inch loaf pan will work just as well. You’ll want several mixing bowls, a cooling rack and Saran Wrap to put this delicious recipe together.
More recipes to try:
White Yeast Bread
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour 2 cups reserved
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Medium Egg
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast or 1 packet
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar to active the yeast
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 8x4-inch or 8x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, 1 teaspoon white sugar, and the 1/4 cup warm water. Reserve to the side and allow the yeast to bubble up.
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, the egg, vegetable oil, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and one cup water in a large bowl and stir well. Reserve the remaining 2 cups of flour for another step.
- Add the yeast mixture to the larger bowl and mix until the lumps are gone.
- Add the reserved 2 cups of flour and stir well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and allow the dough to rise.
- Once the dough has risen to twice it's size, fold the dough in and place in the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with jam or butter.