This recipe for Zucchini Bread comes from my childhood neighbors. She would make this bread and slice it for us kids. She gave us the recipe and my mom would make it every summer.
Zucchini is easy to grow in the garden and is one that will produce more than enough zucchini for a family with just two plants. When I have an abundance of zucchini, I peel the zucchini and shred it and place enough shredded zucchini in a frozen storage bag for one recipe of bread. Make sure to squeeze out any excess moisture prior to placing the zucchini in a bag.
I love this recipe because the Zucchini bread comes out moist and sticky. It is very tasty and even better warm with butter melted on it. My kids like to warm it up in the microwave with a little butter on top and then eat it with a fork.
For added flavor, add in a cup of mini chocolate chips or a cup of chopped walnuts.
This Zucchini bread does not last long! Within a day it is eaten! Make a double batch and store one in the freezer until ready to eat it.
- 3 cups grated zucchini drained
- 3 medium Eggs
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the small mixing bowl liquid ingredients to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the last two ingredients (cinnamon and grated zucchini) to the mixture.
- Add the batter to a well greased bread loaf pan. You will have enough for 2 loafs.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the middle has set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf pan.
- Slice and enjoy.
More Reipes to Try
Slow Cooker Parmesan Zucchini & Squash
Zucchini n Yellow Squash Casserole
Kate, I love making Zucchini bread and I always love Amish recipes of about anything so I will be back often! But this Zucchini recipe was awesome I did add chopped Almonds & Apricots to it …..Yummy!