Breakfast casseroles are easy to make and very versatile. I typically add fresh chopped onion, green peppers and some mushrooms to our Egg Casseroles. Just remember that anything you can put in a omelet can be made into a casserole. I typically bake the bacon in the oven or use my cast iron skillet, but if I am in a huge rush, I cheat, and use pre-cooked bacon.
Try this easy breakfast casserole recipe loaded with crispy bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Nothing beats a NO-WORK-INVOLVED overnight breakfast casserole. Pop it in the oven, enjoy your morning coffee, and settle in for a fantastic family breakfast.
This dish can even be mixed the night before and stored in the refrigerator. Put in the preheated oven first thing in the morning and breakfast will be ready in 45 minutes. You’ll need your 9 by 13 casserole dish and a good mixing bowl.
I love prepping meals the night before and popping them in the oven first thing in the morning so my kids have a warm breakfast before we leave and I have time to get ready instead of worrying about getting breakfast on the table. My kids love how delicious they are and ask for egg casseroles over and over!
Why a Breakfast Casserole?
- Making it ahead is a real life saver when your feeding a house full of people.
- Super flexible when it comes to ingredients: bacon, hash browns, sausage, green onions, or whatever you have in your fridge and cupboard!
- This overnight recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare (super easy) and 60 minutes to bake.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 6 Medium Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Baking Mix like Bisquick
- 1 12oz bacon cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby and Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon. Drain the drippings and chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- Add in baking mix, bacon, cheese, ground mustard and dried oregano.
- Add liquid to a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the center has set.
- Serve and Enjoy.
More Recipes to Try:
Eggs & Potato Breakfast Casserole
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole