Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs are most amazing tater tots ever, baked to crisp bacon-perfection. Tasty little snack or appetizer great for snacking anytime!
Tasty and sweet appetizer that is easy to make. First, remove the uncooked bacon from the package. Cut each piece into 3 pieces. Lay out one uncooked bacon piece (1/3 of a slice), place a slice of cheese on the bacon and then top it with a frozen tater tot. Roll everything together and then secure the end of the bacon with a toothpick. The toothpick will keep each piece rolled up and will make it easier to pop one of these for tasting when they are done!
Dip each rolled tater tot in the brown sugar, then place seam side down on a baking pan. Use a pan with edges. This will help contain the liquid that will come from cooking.
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs
- 2 Cups Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese slices cut into 1/4 slices
- 12 oz bacon cut into 1/3 pieces
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Working one at a time, lay a 1/3 slice of bacon on a cutting board. Top with a 1/4 slice of cheese and then wrap this around a tater tot. Secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge each wrapped tater tot in brown sugar.
- Place wrapped tater tots seam side down onto a baking sheet.
- Once all the tater tots are wrapped and on the baking sheet, place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes using metal tongs to turn halfway.
- Serve immediately.
- do not use a flat baking sheet. The bacon and brown sugar produce juice. You will need to use a baking sheet with a lip to keep the juices from running into your oven.