Always looking for a way to use up those bananas? These Banana Fritters are best made with the riper the better bananas. As bananas ripen, they get sweeter in flavor which only adds to the banana flavor in this recipe.
Tips for Tasty Banana Fritters
- Cook at a medium to low heat. You want the oil hot, but you do not want the fritters to cook quickly. Medium to low heat to allow the inside batter to cook before the outside gets too dark.
- When scooping the batter in the oil, drop about a tablespoon in the oil. You don’t want the batter too thick. The thicker it is, the longer it will take to cook and better your chances of having uncooked batter in the middle.
- Line a plate with a couple paper towels. When you remove the fritters from the oil, place on the paper towels to cool. This will help absorb some of the extra oil and the fritters won’t be soggy.
Sweet taste of bananas fill these easy to make homemade fritters. Great for breakfast or just a quick snack to fill you up!
- 1 frying pan
- 3 medium Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash bananas with a form until chunky. Add the sugar and mix with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix. Pour in the banana mixture and mix well with the whisk.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium to lower heat.
- When the oil is hot, scoop in the banana fritter batter by the spoonful. Fry on both sides for 3-5 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool on a paper towel and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More Recipes to try
Slow Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal