A delightful take on classic Chinese appetizer is this popular recipe for Crab Rangoon Dip. Serve with crackers or fried wonton wrappers!
Toppings for this Dip
Traditional Crab Rangoon is dipped in a Sweet and Sour Sauce prior to eating the fried treat. Top this Crab Rangoon Dip with a little store bought sauce prior to serving to give it a more traditional taste. With or without the sauce, this dip is still yummy!
How to Fry Homemade Wonton Chips
Serve the dip with homemade wonton chips.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a heavy bottomed pan until you have about 1 inch. I like to use my larger cast iron pan. Turn stove to medium-high heat and heat oil until it reaches 350° F.
- Slice each wonton wrapper into 4ths creating 4 triangles with a knife.
- Cook 5 to 6 wonton skins at a time until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove chips from oil and let rest on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with several layers of paper towels.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
Crab Rangoon Dip
- 2 8oz cream cheese softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 10 oz crab meat chopped
- 4 whole green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons powder sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add in the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Spread the dip into the bottom of a small cooking crock.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top becomes slightly brown and the dip begins to bubble.