Apple Pie Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is easy to make and very tasty. You can add in extra ingredients for added taste. I have made quite a few different bread puddings. I like to take bread pudding to brunch with family for something different. The taste of this bread pudding is so much like a dessert, you can also serve it as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tips for making bread pudding:
- Leave the bread cubes out for a few hours so they can get nice and dry. If not, toss them on a baking sheet and bake them for 10-15 minutes at 350. You want the crumbs dry not baked.
- This dish is better if made the night before and cooked in the morning. Cover with foil and keep in the fridge over night.
- To get the traditional bread pudding thickness, once all ingredients are in the pan, use a dish or another baking pan to press the ingredients down.
Frugal Cooking Tips:
- Only have a few extra pieces of bread left in a bag? Save all the extra unused pieces in one bag and in the freezer. Use these extra pieces to make croutons or garlic bread for soups.
- Apples can be peeled, cored and sliced and stored in the freezer in a freezer bag. Use these frozen apple slices for recipes or as a pie filling.
- Leftover taco meat is great to use as toppings for nachos or for breakfast scrambled in eggs.
More recipes like this: