Diced tomatoes, corn, black beans combine with the seasonings and the chicken for tasty Slow Cooker Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Nachos. Chicken is tender and moist. Top with your favorite nachos toppings!
I am always looking for a way to change up my normal chicken dinner. My family prefers chicken as the main dish. This dish provides not only the chicken, but a way for my family to enjoy dinner with all the flavors in the dish. Sometimes, this Slow Cooker Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Nachos is served as nachos, other times, I serve this over cooked rice with a side of steamed veggies. This is also good wrapped in a tortilla shell for a tasty lunch.
Toppings for the Nachos
- sour cream
- shredded 3 cheese Mexican cheese blend
- diced tomatoes and onions
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocado
- pico de gallo
- diced pineapple
Slow Cooker Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Nachos
Diced tomatoes, corn, black beans combine with the seasonings and the chicken for tasty Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Nachos. Top with your favorite nachos toppings!
- 1 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 packaged taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 medium Green Peppers cored and diced
- 1 14oz canned corn drained
- 1 14.5oz Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10.5oz Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 16oz bag of tortilla chips
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- Serve on top of the tortilla chips with your favorite nacho toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!